Reaching People, Transforming Lives
Who Are We?
C3 Shellharbour exists to connect people to God. People matter and are important to God! This is why our vision is simple: ‘Reaching People, Transforming Lives’ (Mt 28:19; Gal 6:15; Jn 10:10). The church is full of people who have discovered an incredible richness of life that comes from having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Contrary to a view held by many people, God is not dreary, depressed or weak. Rather He is vibrant, joyful and powerful. His presence should always give rise to a sense of excitement and a fullness of spirit. This understanding of God is reflected in the enthusiastic and upbeat nature of our church services. Jesus said that He came to earth that we might have a life of abundance (John 10:10). The Church is about ‘community-in-action’; people traveling the journey of life and faith together with Christ and each other. We believe true community should express the qualities of faith (trust), hope and love.
We are united with Christ in His vision and therefore our mission is to see people on the South Coast of NSW, and abroad, experience the new and eternal life that comes from receiving Jesus. We desire to see people connected into God’s family, growing, learning in their faith, and living whole and well.
Our values and priorities are important in determining what Church Community and culture looks like in action.
Grace: we want to be a community that is actively transformed by God’s enabling grace, and a community that allows grace to flow to others
Reaching People: we value all people as they are created in the image of God. We believe the good news about Jesus brings new life to all who choose to receive it
Advancing People: every person has a God-given purpose, gift and ability. We value developing the whole person – body, soul and spirit – so they can live well and whole through Christ
Community of Faith: we value every person as vital part of the Community of Faith in Jesus. Young or mature, every person is part of God’s family and has something to contribute to the Body of Christ and the broader community
Encountering Christ: we value making room for Jesus through experiencing the presence, fruit and gifts of the Holy Spirit. Our gatherings are about encountering God, and being strengthened and encouraged to live for Him
Simple Devotion to Christ: we value a simple devotion to Christ lived out daily as we engage with family, work, community and Church. Faith in Jesus does not need to be complicated but is simple and leads to freedom
Our Church has three goals within the Illawarra:
- To build a strong and caring intergenerational Christian Community of faith;
- To clearly live and proclaim the Good News about Christ Jesus;
- To support the development and growth of followers (disciples) of Christ
We don’t just become a “transformed person” overnight. There’s a process that God uses in our lives to change us! As a Church Community we also believe in a process which is based on personal involvement. We believe in a pathway for developing people from the moment they connect with Jesus. The Bible says we are all ministers of the Spirit (2Co 3:6). We discover and realise our identity and purpose as we engage and participate in relationship with others (Word, prayer, fellowship, and worship) – community is the context in which we are formed and develop.
We see a simple pathway for people:
Connect > Serve > Grow
As you step out and connect new pathways begin to open up and it’s amazing how God will move in and through you. Start your journey today and get involved.
Our Statement of Faith
- There is one God: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit;
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ the Son of God; we believe in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, His constant intercession and in His imminent return;
- In the person and work of the Holy Spirit with His fruit and gifts available in the Church;
- The Bible is the word of God – authoritative and everlasting, and the foundation of all Christian doctrine;
- In the existence of an evil spiritual being-the devil;
- In the spiritually lost condition of all people and the essential need for the ‘new birth’ by faith in Jesus Christ;
- In the baptism of the Holy Spirit as a gift available to believers, with the normal evidence of speaking in other tongues;
- In the sacraments of the Lord’s Supper and baptism by full immersion in water for all believers;
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting separation from God;
- In the church being the body of Christ, and each member being an active part of a local church, fulfilling the Great Commission;
- That marriage was instituted by God, ratified by Jesus, and is exclusively between a man and a woman. It is a picture of Christ and his church;
- That sex is a gift from God for procreation and unity, and it is only appropriate within and designed for marriage.
Jason is a passionate and caring man and pastoral leader who loves Christ, people, and life. Jason’s life has been impacted by the personal saving work of Jesus Christ. Jason’s background has been in Church ministry, child protection, welfare services, and education. Jason loves art, reading, and supporting others in their spiritual journey in Christ. Jason believes in the immense value of community and Christian faith to eternally transform people. Jason loves good coffee and a chat!
Tara is a passionate and creative woman and leader whose life has been dramatically changed by knowing Jesus Christ! Tara loves creativity, children and youth. Tara’s background has been Church ministry, Chaplaincy in schools, and supporting children with Autism. Tara loves a good book, puzzling, and good coffee!!