Compassion in Bangladesh
C3 Church Shellharbour partnering with ‘Compassion’ to support children in Bangladesh. Poverty itself is an injustice but this injustice is at its worst when it’s against children.
Around the world, there are:
- 1.1 billion children who live in poverty
- 200 million children under five who are chronically undernourished or whose growth has been stunted
- 22,000 children under five who die every day from diseases and complications that are mostly preventable
It’s clear that poverty is not a condition that God created for His children to live in. Children should not be subject to hard labour at such a tender age; they are not created to run a household before they have started school. They should not have to worry about where their next meal will come from or if they will get a meal at all. And they should never have to go to bed early in an attempt to forget their hunger pains.
In Deuteronomy 15:4, God outlines his desire for Israel, that there should be no poor among you. God’s heart is for poverty to be eliminated in our world.
In addition to child sponsorship our Church supports other work in Bangladesh specifically:
- Clean water (water purification & wells)
- Disaster relief
- Emergency medical care
- HIV/AIDS initiatives
- Malaria prevention
- Parent education
- Toilets & hygiene education
- Support for registered children not yet sponsored
To find out more about ‘Compassion’ visit compassion.com.au
For more information on missions please contact Ps’ Jason and Tara on:
- Address: PO Box 10, Albion Park, NSW, 2527
- p. 0434 776 122
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org